Stay on top of the game! Be connected and current within the Health IT world of transformation. Become KNOWLEDGEABLE, EXPERIENCED, & CERTIFIED in 28 – 30 weeks! Take action today and apply!
Phase 1: Knowledge
- Online course through Moodle, online learning management system (LMS).
- 16 – 20 weeks in length (varies slightly dependent upon certification type)
- 4-6 hours weekly
- 1-2 on-line live conferences
Phase 2: Experience
- 11 Weeks in length
- Electronic Health Record (EHR) training (based upon need)
- Apprenticeship Experience:
- HIT Project or Internship (dependent upon HIT employment status)
Phase 3: Certification
- Upon Completion of Phase 1 & 2
- AHIMA Certified Healthcare Technology Specialist (CHTS) Certification Exams or HIMSS Certified Assistant of Information & Management Systems Certification exam (CAHIMS), Certified Professional in Health Information Management Systems (CPHIMS).
see syllabus for more information